Saturday 7 January 2012

Craft Stamper (Feb Issue) Second Valentines Inspired Card


So on reading all my craft stamper magazine (february issue) from cover to cover in one sitting in the wee small hours of the night when I could not sleep.  I decided that I would continue to make a further card using the inspiration from the Designer's Palette segment.

This is one of my favourite areas of the magazing as it inspires you to use colourings and combinations you wouldn't necessarily try, this week was based on the vintage reds, browns and beiges.  As you will see the shape of the card is also a little unusual and again this was inspired by the articles contents.

First of all I decided to go for a DL Card as I have lots in my crafty stash and fancied a change from A5 and 8x8 cards.  I then started on the main focal point of the card to do this I tinted the base of the card using Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink for that vintage feel, followed by a deeper layer of Frayed Burlap.  Once this had been dried with my heat tool, I then covered this area using sticky notes to cover this area and I then sprayed the top area of the card with a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer Angel Mist and a few random drops of Tattered Angels Candy Apple Red which I then blotted to take away any excess ink.

Next I removed the sticky notes and used the words from a Stamp Addicts plate in Frayed Burlap across the base of the card starting with overstamping of the coloured bottom areas and going into the sprayed section.  To complete the focal point I lastly took the free heart stamp from the magazing and stamped this in Barn Door to the top centre area and filled in using a waterbrush filled with cosmic shimmer powder to add an irridescents as with the earlier card.

I now applied this on to a larger deep red card matt before layering again on a larger wood effect brown card using 1mm foam tape.  To complete the topper, I used a charm and ribbon left over from a famous brand of chocolate and secured this to the card using extra strong tape to the front and rear of the topper.

Finally I then adhered the completed topper to the card using Pin Flair Glue Gel to enable some further dimension.

I would appreciate any comments or feedback you may have on my cards.

Many thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx