Sunday 4 September 2011

Something for the guys

Well with the release of some more modern unmounted stamps from Stamp Addicts, I took some time to make this card for those men in your life.

As you can see this is a 8x8 scalloped card blank from the wobbly shelves at Joanna Sheen which has been distressed to using crushed olive.


I then did a further backing paper to look more military using shabby shutters, crushed olive and pine needle distress inks to patchwork together.  This was mounted on a dark brown cardstock.

The main image was stamped using memento ink and the man was covered using eclipse tape to enable me to stamp the dog behind him.  The sentiment was stamped in the top right hand corner using the words from the stamp sheet and crushed olive distress ink.

The grass was stamped using a judith peg stamp with the grass stamped over several stampings to get different shades and introducing some pine needles in their too.  The judith peg triple dot stamp was used with vintage photo to symbolise dirt within the grass.

The man and dog were coloured using my promarker collection and the edge of the image was distressed using shabby shutters and vintage photo before mounting on dark brown card and mounted at an angle.

The insert I did by hand using the text "Go Quackers" printed off in a similar font and colour to the card.  I then took the duck in a straight jacket image and stamped it in memento ink at two quirky angles to the text and coloured these again using promarkers.

I look forward to hearing any comments you may have.

Many thanks
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx