Saturday 12 November 2011

Butterfly Wishes


For a change I decided to use a DL card landscape to make this birthday card with the help of Joanna Sheen's CD Rom From the Heart of the Garden.

This CD contains a whole section of stunning calligraphy backing papers and sentiments which can be used to embellish our cards.

As you can see from this card I colour tinted the edge of the card using the metallic blue pen from Papermania, I then printed and cut to size the blue happy birthday calligraphy paper from the CD Rom ensuring that the sentiment was visible in full so that no further sentiment would be required.

I then used a stunning butterfly backing paper from the CD which I placed on a silver mirri board matt to make a square matt and placed this to the left hand side of the sentiment using pinflair glue for dimension.  I placed a smaller silver mirri board matt on top of the butterly matt and proceeded to cut out a number of butterflies in different sizes from the butterfly topper.  I initially bent some silver metallic wire round a paintbrush to make the antennae for the larger butterfly and glued this in place on the card using pinflair glue gel, I then placed the full image of the butterfly on top again using glue gel.  The top layer was cut away and glittered before again adding to the main butterfly with glue gel.

I then placed the other assorted butterflys to the topper using pinflair glue gel and added some subtle glitter accents.

I hope you like this card as it was a work in progress which turned out pretty good.

Thanks for looking
Emx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx