Saturday 12 November 2011

Dreams


This A4 card in fact stemmed from a disastrous attempt at an A5 one and is now one of my favourites that I've done this year.  The A4 cream card blank shows the stunning decoupage flower from Joanna Sheens CD Rom "From the Heart of the Garden" off to its fullist extent in my opinion and also gave me the opportunity to use my favourite sentiment stamp "Dreams come in a size too big so that we can grow into them".

I initially printed off the decoupage and matching backing paper from the CD Rom.  To make the base matt I selected some coordinations cardstock from the Nostalgia collection and mounted an A5 matt of the butterfly backing paper on to it.  I then stamped the sentiment using an Encore Metallic ink pad on some spare cream card and mounted this on to a matching cardstock and silver mirri board mount and placed this on the card using pinflair glue gle to raise it from the card base.

I then created the matching cardstock and silver mirri board mount and placed the base floral image on it and again mounted this on the card using glue gel.  I then cut and placed the floral layers on the image on the card.

The swirls were cut using again the coordinating nostalgia card stock on my Cuttlebug and glued in place to the card, once dried matching pearls were added to the swirls to give some decadence.

On the top right hand side coordinating card candy was added and on the bottom left hand side three leaf shapes were cut in the nostalgia card stock on the cuttlebug and glittered before adding matching paper flowers to complete this card.

I hope you love it as much as I did.  It goes to show that sometimes even a card disaster can be turned into something truly stunning.

Emx

1 comment:

  1. What a special card, I really like this. Your cards are all lovely. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. I have reciprocated and look forward to looking at your cards. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx