Sunday 31 March 2013

March A3 Double Page Spread




So we're part way through another month of the Journalling Challenge and I have to say my ideas appear to be abounding at the moment to the point where apart from the Journalling text itself I am almost ready to start laying out April's spread.  I also have an A4 page sketched out and eager to try out too so watch this space.

The inspiration from this months page came from the wonderful colours of the 1939 Wizard of Oz and the modern day prequal starring James Franco.  As you can see I have incorporated images from the new film. 

To start I wanted to use my new Golden Fibre Paste craft medium along the border of the page, I lightly pencilled out the area I wished to fill in and applied the paste using dabbing and swiping motions of a cheap foam brush.  Once this was done I left it to dry thoroughly overnight and I was really pleased with the textural results.

So after the boarder was dried now for the fun bit, I sprayed the whole page with water and applied Sunshine Yellow, Postbox Red and Dirty Martini Dylusions sprays on to the background. 

Using the ghosting technique I took the Crafters Workshop 6x6 Bark Template and applied it to the four corners of the background.

Next I rubbed through the Crafters Workshop 6x6 Star Template with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and a key and writing template with Barn Door Distress Ink in a random motion across the page.

Next I rubbed my Forest Moss Ink Pad over the texture on the border and some Meadow Green to the lighter areas to make it more punchy.

Next I applied the two images from the modern Oz film across the two pages using Gel Medium and allowed it to dry.  Once this had taken place I then used Florentine Liquid Leaf and a small sponge applicator to apply a border around the images.

I stamped the numbers at the top of the page using Tim Holz Stampendous Large Numbers in Walnut Distress Stain and the word "March" was applied to the page using Walnut Faber Castell Pitt Pen through some letter templates in my stash and then outlined this with Cardinal Red Faber Castell Pitt Pen.

Now I am ready to journal for the month.  To keep with the theme I have used some poignant quotes from the Oz films, Gregory McGuire (who wrote the book that became the stage show "Wicked") and some of the lyrics of Idina Mendels "Defying Gravity".  Along with other quotes and thoughts I had throughout the month.

I hope you like the page as much as I did creating it.

Em x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emma your pages are lovely and I LOVE wicked so these are extra fabulous! Hope your shoulder is feeling better xx
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx