Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Wise Bird Once Said....

So the end of another month, and the beginning of a new journal page for April.

This one is inspired by a fascination and love started at an early age for Owls by my Nanny Robertson who brought me back a stuffed owl from her travels to Canada.  All throughout my youth until my early teens I collected these fluffier versions.

Today the collection is no more however, the gracefulness and somewhat endangered nature of some of these regal birds means I find them as interesting today as I ever did.

I would like to firstly state that this photograph was taken from one of my BBC Wildlife magazines and although I cannot remember to include it here the photographer of this image has a phenominal eye.



 (page not quite finished here)

This spread was completed using the following techniques:-

Firstly I applied the image to a gesso'd background using matt multi medium.  I then surrounded the image using a collection of assorted black wallpaper samples stamped on using Tim Holtz sketched leaves and cut out and again adhered using matt multi medium.  Once this was all dried any white space was filled by hand using a fine tipped black pen using assorted zentanging techniques attempted for the first time.

On the opposite page I used the scraps of wallpaper collaged with matt multi medium and adhered some Tim Holtz washi tape (sealed with a layer of mod podge).

To complete the look I printed off the computer empty number and letter sheets and filled them with zentangle patterns before cutting them out and adhering them to the page.  The journalling element consisted of a vintage notepad page where each line equated to a day in that month.

I am so pleased with how this page turned out I hope you like it as much as I do.  I would love to receive your comments.

Until next time

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx