Saturday 14 June 2014

Santoro Journal page

This journal page uses a new stamp and new technique to create it.

This was created in 23rd April 2014 and was inspired by my childhood memories of growing upon near the norfolk coast and spending time there with my family and more recently holidays to the south coasts with my hubbie Ben and our dogs.

The background was taken from an issue of craft stamper magazin and involved three shades of distress inks (shades of lilac/purple).  The firststep was to swipe thepalest colour direct to paper vertically and horizontally.

The next stage involved a floral stencil and the mid shadebeing applied through it using cut and dry foam.  When thishasbeen done I then removed the stencil cleaned it, flipped it over and did the same process with the dark shade to complete the look.

I applied two coordinating mats in tworn distress paper from coordinations and stamped my sentiment.

The image was stamped and cut out using my cuttlebugand a spellbinders die which I then used to create the frame by blending with distress inkin stormy sky and a judikins peg stamp to add the stars and dots for texture.

The image was colouredusing promarkers from my stash and finally I used a wooden santoro key accent coloured with distress ink to complete the page.

I hope you like this.

1 comment:

  1. This is so stunning Emma! I love the colour tones - beautiful. I bought this stamp a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet - this card is great inspiration. Love the design. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx