Friday 20 June 2014

Come Home to Me (Finnibair inspired)

Hi hope you are all well.

So for some time I had a small double page spread started which kind of dried up for inspiration as can happen.

Today while struggling to acclimate to a hearing aid I thought I would try to distract myself from the incessant buzzing!

Following my recent posts I thought I would draw on my Finnibair course to inspire me and a vintage photo of my maternal great grandparents.

The base spread was made up of Tim Holtz paper and tissue paper torn and applied to the page.  Although I love the American street sign paper it didn't fit with what I wanted so I did a gesso wash to knock it back.

Next step was applying some colour using a floral template from Barbara Grey and turquoise and lime dylusion sprays. Again knocked back a little with my scrap paper.

Next I applied some Luminaire silks in the coordinating colors to add some shimmer.  I then applied a pink doily and a strip of adhesive decorative tape.

After adhering the photo I began to compose the embellishments and stuck them using heavy duty medium.

Once happy I painted all metal embellishments with gesso as I wanted to change their colour and accent them with mica Silks.

Once this was all completed to know the brightness back I used a dry brush technique with navy paint around the edges.

I stamped some words and coloured them with distress stain.

The poem suited what I wanted to say about those wishing for their loved ones to come back from war.

Hope you like the results as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx