Saturday 17 January 2015

Journal 52: week 1 Pathways

This page was inspired by a new weekly challenge through Journal 52 and s you will see is part of a double page spread from the next blog post for Documented Life.
This page started out in my large Dylusions journal with torn book pages and gesso as a base.
I then out modelling paste through two stencils the first a flourish and the second circles and butterflies (I think from TCW).
Once this was dry, I mixed up some Golden soft gel with Finnibairs new art sugar in black and out it through a cracks stencil to add in some textural dimension and colour.
I then sealed the page with clear gesso before applying a colour tint using periwinkle, light blue, carmine and yellow Neocolor IIs.
I then blended the colour using water spray to create dripa and some blending using baby wipes.
The quote was sourced off the internet by Horace and was used to remind me to be mindful of my depression influencing my path.
I hope you like this page, keep an eye out for my other pages for 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx