Monday 19 January 2015

Its a Good Day to have a Good Day

Don't you just love it when after having a journal background done for a while you somehow get to utilise it into a page you kind of like. 

I'll be honest with you its not one of my favourites but I am happy with how it turned out and proud that I used both doodling (something which usually terrifies me) and some hand written journalling into the spread. 

The background consisted of a base layer of tissue paper from Tim Holtz Ideology range mixed with book text and music.  This was then color tinted using Luminarte Silks in pink azalea and periwinkle.

Next I put black gesso through sequin waste in a number of places.

I then put white gesso through a rectangular patterned stencil to lighten the spread.

I added some handwritten journalling then added two Graphic 45 quotes to the double page spread, adding some doodling to the boarders and white tippex tape to make the quotes pop.

I really hope that you like what I made of this spread, please feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx