I have recently attended a Spring Cardmaking Class at Stamp Addicts in Bedford near where I live, they are a constant source of inspiration and their unmounted stamp range offers a wide selection of materials to drawn your inspiration.
This card was inspired from their Love Bug unmounted stamp sheet which contains these adorable love bug/bumble bee characters which I feel cover a variety of occassions, in this particular instance a birthday card.
I found some amazing red card stock and decided to do this card in white, red and silver. The card was a A5 white card with its corners rounded using my crop-a-dile, I then placed a matt of red card stock, matt silver dotted cardstock as the base of the card.
I then cut a piece of white card stock to fit beneath the Marianne Designs Designable 908 which I had cut and embossed using my cuttlebug in the red cardstock and cut out the central panel. I marked the central panel on to the white card stock with a pencil to enable me to stamp the sentiment before placing this and the red designable panel on to the card.
I then stamped the love bug holding the flowers twic using memento black ink as I then coloured the first image in full using a pale pink flex marker in pale blossom using the bullet tip to create a shadow of the image. This took three coats to get the right colour I wanted for the shadow. This was then cut close to the image with the antennae removed. The antennae were then added using silver glitter wire from papermania and adhered to the base image with double sided tape. This image was then added to the card in the bottom right hand corner using pin flair glue gel for dimension.
The second and top image was coloured with the hand and face in satin and blush, the foliage for the flowers was meadow green (from the spring set) and the remainder of the bug was coloured using antique pink, cerise and magenta with the stipes accentuated using black fine tip promarker. At the centre of the flowers I used some perfect pearls to add definition and dimension then I cut around the love bug leaving a small border and removing the antennae. Once cut out the characters white edge was removed using the pale pink flex marker and then adhered over the shadow image using pin flair glue gel for three dimensionality.
Finally to complete the image, I added three flowers in a similar shade of red and accented their centres using silver circle accents from my crafty stash.
I hope you like the card.