Friday, 20 April 2012
Lilac A6 House Mouse Card
There appears to be a growing trend for the larger format cards, A4 and 8x8 and although I am also a lover of the larger format cards for special occassions and just when the fancy takes me. I felt it necessary to go back somewhat to my cardmaking roots and start to reintroduce the smaller format cards A6 as this appears to be a much overlooked card size at the moment, so although I am not mocking the current trends I didnt think it would hurt to downsize and see where it took me.
This is my first endeavour and contains a lovely pale lilac card stock used in a landscape format. This was stamped over using a small peg floral stamp and mouse foot print before distressed using milled lavender and dusty concord around the edge of the cardstock.
Secondly I created my own backing paper inspired by a recent Sheena Douglas demonstration where I applied splodges (technical term) of milled lavender and dusty concord on to my craft sheet, I then shook up my chosen shimmer mist in Angel Mist from Cosmic Shimmer and spritzed the craft sheet before placing my paper face down on to the inks. This created a lovely piece of mottled backing paper to coordinate with my card stock and image. This was then cut to size using deckle edged scissors and placed to the left hand side of the card.
The next layer was a dark lilac centura pearl card again cut down to size and matted on to the card with a deckle edge.
Finally the House Mouse topper, this comes from the Allsorts Weight Lifting stamp sheet. As with most of my house mice they were coloured in using sandstone and blush however, for the baby on this occassion I used putty and blush so there was a slight difference.
The cup was coloured using the following promarker colours of lavender, orchid and plum. The shadows were accentuated using warm grey 1 and two on both the images and for the shadow beneath the cup and bottle.
The water was coloured using the following promarkers cool aqua and duck egg blue with a small amount of denim blue for the waters movement and some waterfall stickles to highlight the light on the water. The waterfall stickles were also applied to some of the bubbles which were also highlighted in cool aqua. The bottle was coloured in cool aqua, warm grey 1 and daffodil bloom (from the spring set) for the label. The bottle cap was left white with warm grey 1 and 2 added dimension and shadow to the cap.
The topper was then cut using a spellbinder dye with a rectangular deckle edge and placed on to the other matts on the card.
To complete the card, I then made a bow out of the purple shades of twine from the vintage and pastel sets from creative expressions and adhered this to the card with pin flair glue gel. Finally to complete it I threaded a lilac button using two shades of lilac/purple thread and placed this at the centre of the bow, all from my crafty stash.
I hope you like this card.