Thursday 21 June 2012

Cards for Men (Part II)


This card was inspired by the new Sportsmen Stamps by Stamp Addicts, this one being of a cricketer and my desire to use my full set of Distress Markers as soon as possible.

Firstly I used the swiss dots embossing folder and my cuttlebug to emboss my cream card and a Crop A Dile Corner Chomper to add the decorative corners.  The embossed dots were brought to the fore using Old Paper distress ink lightly buffed over it.

The second layer was a flourish embossing folder put through the cuttlebug on Kraft card and tinted using Tea Dye distress ink buffed over it and more corner chomping.

Finally the main image was created on watercolour paper for both texture and to enable me to blend the distress markers with water.  I stamped the character using Archival black ink as I would be using water and commenced colouring the image with a variety of the neutral distress shades (apologies I forgot to note the ones I used on this occassion but I believe it was Antique Linen, Old Paper, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo), white highlights were added using the Picket Fence Distress Marker which goes white upon application.  Finally again I used the decorage corner chomper and distressed the outside of the image using Tea Dye and Vintage Photo.

I am really impressed with the finished result of this card and hope you like it too.

Many thanks for taking the time to visit my blog

Em x

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Emma and great image. Fab techniques you have used and what a great job you have done using the Distress markers. I love them and the colours are fab
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx