Sunday 17 June 2012

Craft Stamper July 2012 Inspiration (I)

Below are two cards that I have made inspired by the article "Stamping for New Homes" on page 66/67 of Craft Stamper July 2012 issue.  I am often inspired to create cards from the designers inspiration in this magazine and felt this particular article lent itself to the new Stamp Addicts "Dream House" stamp set.  As you will see the first card below was as close as possible to that displayed in the article however, I thought it would be nice to brighten it up using this springs distress inks from Tim Holtz.

This card was made by stamping the house image off to the right handside of the card blank in black versafine ink, I then proceeded to mask off an area of approximately 2" below the house which I swiped direct to paper with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, I then took the sentiment "Wishing you happiness in your new home" and stamped this randomly along the coloured panel using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and blasted it with a heat tool to dry this before going around the outside of the panel using cut and dry foam and the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to tie it in together.  After removing the mask I then placed the sentiment and key image on to my rock a block and stamped this above the coloured panel as highlighted by the articles image again in black versafine.

I am pleased with the way this card has turned out and I am glad that by mixing the two new spring distress inks, I managed to get a green shade which infers the house is sitting on grass. 

This card was made by stamping the house image in full to the top left handside of a 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" card blank using Memento Rich Cocoa with the sentiment beneath, I then adjusted the original design and masked off a 1" area to the right of the card with Eclipse tape and scrap card before swiping the area 4 times with Wild Honey Distress Ink to get a darker and more intense colour base.  This was then spritzed using Tattered Angels Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist and left to dry before overstamping using Rusty Hinge and the Key image from the stamp set in rotation.  Once this was completed I again blended the outside area of the coloured block with Rusty Hinge.  Using my Distress Marker in Wild Honey I put a border around the white background of the house and sentiment.  Finally to complete this card I stamped the key hole and embossed with Sheena Douglas's Pepper Regular WOW powder and coloured this in using Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Markers, this was then applied on the centre of the coloured panel using clear 3D tape.

I hope you like both these cards and it gives you some inspiration to make some new home cards too.

I would love to see your comments.

Many thanks

Emma



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous results with the techniques you have used. The stamp is great
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx