Wednesday 13 February 2013

An adventure into Steampunk


 
So today I had a friend come over for a crafty day and a spot of lunch, these usually do not follow a plan but gives us both the opportunity to play with each others crafty stash and expand our knowledge from each other.
 
This is the card that we both created with our own interpretation.  The background is the 3D cog spellbinders embossing folder which was done on copper card and then distressed using adirondack alcohol inks.
 
The cogs are part of a new spellbinders die release which we cut using card and my friends Grand Caliber.  We then distressed these as well.
 
For my card I cut out the largest and second largest cogs twice.  With the largest cog I used vintage images stamped in Gathered Twigs, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain distress inks and rotated it slightly behind the original cog to give a slightly different and vintage background.
 
The second sized cog was stamped using the sentiment from a Dyan Reavely set of stamps and I thought it was both appropriate and in keeping with the card.
 
All the cogs were mounted on a craft card backstamped with the same vintage style images.  The background and cogs were adhered to the card using Pinflair glue gel.
 
I hope you like this card.
 
Take care
Emx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx