Monday 18 February 2013

February 2013 journal page challenge (Part I - 1st to 16th Feb)

I have recently joined a group on facebook that spend time each month making a journal page of that month.
 
I have only been journalling for a brief time but thought that it might be interesting to take part in a journey of this sort so that creatively this time next year I can look back on my creative journey.
 
I have also taken to keeping a written journal/diary now too just for me of thoughts feelings and ideas that I may or may not use for future journal pages.  It was something I used to do in my youth but feel it would be a cathartic way of approaching my busy life.
 
Please take time to look at the pictures and brief descriptions below.
 

 
This is the base background page for February as a double A3 Portrait spread and also on a closer scale.  As you will see the base layer consisted of pink, purple and red acrylic paints before a fire stencil was applied to the page and FW acrylic inks applied in black and pearlescent red and purple.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is one of those items that just happened organically and I love it.  The background is using distress stains and inks before stamping and colouring in the Crafty Individuals bird image using Tim Holtz distress stain pains dipped in staines to create the graduated colour affect.  Finally the background was distressed further using a random numerical pattern, great start to the month.
 
This vintage lady came as a cover stamp off of Craft Stamper Magazine.  I have been having quite a busy time at work lately and very much wondered how it must of felt to be one of the first women to get the opportunity to work so I decided to create some text in the background with my handwriting before distressing the background with seedless preserve.
 
 
This song from the 80's has been rattling round in my head for the last few days since hearing it, so whilst it refused to leave I thought I would use some of the lyrics for todays entry.
 
 
This is one of my favourite images so far excluding the 2nd.  This used the amazing image from Indigo Blue and was water coloured in using Distress Stains.  Sometimes simple is all you need.
 
 


 
 
 
 
I love Washi Tape and this uses the parisian text from Tim Holtz overstamped with floral patterns in purple archival ink and coloured using Faber Castell pitt pens.
 
 
Loving my new stamps from Saturated Canary called Little Darlings, this one was coloured using promarkers and then a button peg stamp applied to the background prior to distressing with black soot and adding a bit of glitz.  Feeling quite whimsical today so suited my mood.
 
 
 
 
 
 
16th February,  this is now one of my new favourite techniques for adding some vibrant colour to the background of a stunning stamped image.  This background is using oranges and reds from the Portfolio Oil Pastel set and overstamped using Archival Ink with an old Joanna Sheen stamp, feels really atmospheric.
 
So who would have thought how quick part of this month has gone already.....
 
....stay tuned for part II with 17th-28th February images and a sneak peak at my thought for March.
 
In the meantime thanks for looking
 
Emx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx