Sunday, 3 February 2013

Lightening Canvas (Part II)

OK so I have a confession the amazing idea I had to do an image transfer failed.  But thankfully I managed to claw it back to something I am sort of growing to like.

The background as it stands now has a couple of layers of white tissue paper stamped on using archival purple ink and two shades of grey from the Stazon range, applied to the canvas to create a feeling of height and texture (not the best picture apologies). 

A tip I have learnt always remember to ensure whatever design you do you decorate the edges of the canvas to make it complete.

At this stage I still was not happy with the overall effect so I decided to add some stamping, this also didnt go to my liking and so the canvas now has a further layer of paint which I applied with my finger and some crackle medium applied from Golden before covering this with DecoArt paint in Tropical Blue.
Once this had dried I masked off the plane to protect the image and added some black marble and crushed grape dylusions ink through a stencil and some patterned waste material.
To complete the look I sponged the canvas with some metallic silver crown paint from my local diy store and allowed this to dry.
Finally to lock the image to the background I used Faber Castell pitt pens which are water soluble but set as permanent india ink in a petrol blue and sky blue shade.  Added some stickers to personalise it for my pops and sealed these with mod podge and the canvas was complete.
I think I managed to turn this at times difficult canvas around, let me know what you think.

This is the completed canvas which I will be presenting to my father tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx