Saturday 4 January 2014

Lady in Red

 
This is a wooden block I created for my colleague at work (dimensions 15cmx10cm) which I purchased at Stamp Addicts. 
 
This block was primed with gesso and then a layer of burnt umber applied to the wood as a base layer.
 
I then proceeded to apply the Tim Holtz paper with US Street Names on it to the block after distressing the edges with a distress tool and applied some red acrylic paint to the edges and to accent some of the paper.
 
I then adhered the 50's women to the block using the gesso paper transfer technique and gently rubbed off the reverse side of the paper to reveal the image.
 
Finally to complete this item I distressed areas of the image to tie her in to the background using faber castell pitt pens.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx