Wednesday 8 January 2014

The only place from which to begin


So as often happens to us throughout life we can feel somewhat delicate, retrospective and wishing that life had taken us down a somewhat happier path than we believe to be on at this time.

My dream has always been to travel however, life took me down the home owner route and now financially it is not always possible to travel as extensively as maybe I could off in my younger years.

I love this journal page in my small Dylusions Journal depicting the air hostess many of you will recognise from Tim Holtz kraft resist papers.

I colourised this using a colour I rarely draw on Seedless Preserves and one of my favourites Salty Ocean.  Then I wanted to try my new pearlescent inks which I had in a purple shade to create some drippage.

I also wanted to create a neutral background in titan buff acrylic paint and the Seedless Preserves distress ink to sit my handmade tag pocket.  The tag was colour tinted and stamped and then I wrote my journalling on it.

I hope you like this page, it is quite plain and simple but there is something about that simplicity which I like and I have gained this by expanding my colour range I use and introducing new techniques and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx