Monday 6 January 2014

Play



So like many aspiring crafters and mixed media devotees, I often draw inspiration from some amazing artists on Youtube for inspiration. 

Leslie Crawford originally introduced me to a love of art journalling, but I am continually blown away by the quirky stylings of Dyan Reavley and so this page was spawned from two things.

1. Using Black Gesso as a background

2. Dyan Reaveley's video on the web showing how she does a coloured background containing zentangle type doodles and then masking it off and covering with the aforementioned Gesso.

As you can see from the photo the video inspired a page which reminds me not only to be adventurous in trying new techniques but also that new techniques can develop an amazing layout for your journal.

Playing with this technique also drew me to use my metallic sennelier oil pastels which were ideal against the dark black background and a handmade journal tag.

I hope you like this page in my small Dylusions Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx