Monday 4 May 2015

Love the small pieces of yourself

After a gorgeous sunny day and further to a recent open day at my local craft store Stamp Addicts I was inspired to get out my watercolours.

One of the demonstrators was using watercolours to create beautiful cards using their Patchwork stamp set.

As I rarely get time to spend in my craft room I have been more focused of late on my art journalling.

With this in mind I was determined with their's and some of the amazing YouTube videos out there to make this page using some stamps I had in my stash but never used.

The background was initially created with lime green and turquoise blue Neocolour II's to create a random background pattern by spattering it on to the page with a paintbrush and turning the paper to create drippages.

The stamp is from Stamp It Up an Australian brand I got through Crafters Companion here in the UK. I stamped this using a grey stayzon ink pad as I didn't want it to pop too much from the page.

I then completed the painting of the stamped image using my Daniel Smith Watercolour paints to add a bit more variety of colours and depth to the image.

To complete this journal I added a Unity Stamp border and sentiment along with my personal journalling down the left hand side in pale grey Graphix pen.

Keep crafting x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx