Tuesday 5 May 2015

Which direction am I going?

Have you ever asked yourself where your going with your journalling?

I often ask myself this question, it is closely associated with my inner critic constantly questioning whether something is right or looks good or generally just life's uncertainties pushing on your perspective.

I have recently changed my job and found that over the last 8 months or so I have found it difficult to be creative about anything due to the level of uncertainty in my career.

I have recently started a new job and feel like finally the block has been lifted and I am able not only to create but be open to what is produced and be kinder to myself and therefore my process.

This page was inspired by our recent travel plans for Venice and Cuba.

I had ripped this page and it also had some old collage stuck on it already so I decided to add the vintage Stampers Anonymous images of the Suitcase and man stamped and water tinted in Walnut stain.  I then drew on my ephemera recently purchased at Liberty and also from the Tim Holtz Epedition and created the page background.  To dirty it up I used distress ink in walnut stain, vintage photo and mahogony swiped across to hit onto the raised edges of the elements and sprayed some ink splatters using Colour Bloom Worn Leather for a bit of a twinkle.

As a finishing touch I used my Stabilo All in brown to highlight the word where and some random writings using my Amsterdam Black acrylic pen.


I know this page isn't heavy with technique however something about it makes me happy and optomistic.

Go ahead create your own crafty moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx