Thursday 7 May 2015

Never Give Up

Sometimes it is difficult to find that inspiration that will spur you on to make a journal page you like.  

This happens to all creative types at some time or other and can be referred to as a block.

This page was created a few weeks back when I wanted to create but wasn't sure where to start.

I had recently purchased some adhesive canvas paper and decided to start there.

Using some Wendy Vecchi stamps from my stash which I hadn't really utilised in a spread I stamped them using Potting Soil (brown) for the floral border and Orange Blossom (orange) for the staggered lines.

I then used some of my Luminarte Primary Elements to create a yellow, orange and red molding paste which I put through a butterfly stencil mixing them organically at the same time and placing it between the two pages. 

Please remember if you do this that the level of molding paste is thin on the seam (as I learnt by my error) as now my book is stiff to fold shut doh!

The quote Never Give Up from Unity Stamps is to remind me that no matter what life throws at me I should always endeavour to create something.  It may not be my best page or full of technique but it is something.

So remember if you ever get stuck - Never Give Up and create your own crafty moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx