Friday 11 January 2013

Celebration of Christmas 2012


Well I know Christmas is well behind us now however, I have only just managed to get my act together and photograph and upload the work I have been up to over the Christmas break.

This is a large A3 Landscape Journal that I decided to expand into to celebrate some of my achievements and gratitude over the seasons festivities.

This was in fact created on 27.12.12 and the two festive animal images have been taken from the napkins used by my mother with the Boxing Day Buffet and which I felt suited not only my mood at the time of creating but also the colour sceme that presented itself to me when creating the background.

The background started off with a gesso base and then followed with a base of cream acrylic paint in uneven numbered patches across the whole page, this was then followed with the same process using a colour called cotton candy which was more of a peach shade and finally darkened in areas using the pumpkin shade of paint.

Once this had been dried with a heat tool I proceeded to add some background interest using stencils and Dyan Reavely's Dylusion Ink Spray from Ranger in Red and a Crafters Workshop star stencil purchased from www.stampaddicts.co.uk using both the positive and negative sprays to texturise the background.

Next I used one of Dyan's stencils (again available from Stamp Addicts) this time of vine leaves and used a colourised crackle paste from Golden using the lighter green Dylusion to create the colour I required before using a pallet knife to apply it through the stencil on both the top corners.

The remaining paste however was not wasted as I also decided to put it through a circle stencil pattern too in areas to tie the green colour in with the background. The crackle is not clear in the photo however, I can assure you turned out extremely well.

Finally I adhered some acrylic clear stars on to the page using Mod Podge and then applied Flitter Glue and copper foil to create the shining stars effect.

The images of the animals were removed from the backings of the plain napkin and applied to the page using Mod Podge Paper and sealed using the same product.

Finally the journal entry was hand written on a  antiqued piece of scrap paper colour tinted using Tim Holtz distress inks in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Tea Die inks before adding the text using a Faber Castell Pitt Pen.

I hope you like the result of this page.

Emma    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx