Sunday 13 January 2013

Your not old your Retro






OK so like most card makers cards for men are a majority of the time an unexciting prospect however, this image and several others available from www.stampaddicts.co.uk enable your humour and creativity to flow.

My husband Ben turned a milestone this year, the big 40 - to me he still looks as young as the day I met him, just with a few more grey hairs but as I always like to try and hand make a card for him I decided that the above old turtle tickled my humour and inspired the retro back ground.

The Old tortoise/turtle image was stamped on to a high quality stamping paper and coloured using my ever faithful Letraset Flex markers and Pro markers, I then cut the image out and edged it using the light shade of the greens used.

The background was created using a Judikins retro cube stamp, using Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Meadow Green Distress Inks, the lightest textural background was stamped in light grey stayzon.

I used layers of coordinating green and yellow card and placed this on an orange card blank.  The number "40" was cut out on a cricut in the green card with the shadow cut in yellow card stock.  The sentiment is stamped also on the yellow card stock using the sentiment which came with the image.

Finally to complete the card I mounted the comical tortoise/turtle on the left hand side of the card using Pin Flair Glue Gel, with a shadow applied around the image on the background to anchor it to the background.

I hope that you like this image, feel free to leave me your comments.

Until next time

Emma x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx