Thursday 17 January 2013

Mixed Media Craft Storage

This started out as a basic round large paper mache box.  

After Christmas I found myself the proud owner of several wine and storage boxes and decided that what better time than to use these not only to actually use them for craft storage but also as an extension of my artistic journey into mixed media.

As you will no doubt have seen in one of my earlier blogs I have started decorating a wine box which you will see in a later box fully completed and co-ordinating to the box I have photographed below.



The lid was decorated by using the same decopatch peacock feather blue pattern adhered using Mod Podge Paper and then sealed using the Mod Podge Silver Shimmer Glue.

The base of the box was painted using Liquidex Acrylic Basic Paint in Cobalt Blue and Daler Rowney Interference Blue Acrylic paint using the dry brush technique and blending together in areas.

This is now going to house my acrylic alphabet, numbers and stamps along with any small scraps and stickers which can be used in my crafting.

I was debating whether to add a peacock feather rubber stamp on to the base of this box either in black or white chalk ink.

I would love to know what you think?

Em x       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx