Wednesday 16 January 2013

Sunflower Part III The Final Canvas

Firstly thank you for stopping by to see the conclusion of only my 2nd 8x8 Art Canvas.

Apologies for the colouring of the photo it isn't quite as dark in real life (late night insomnia photography).


So since my previous blog I added the leaves shapes using Faber Castell Landscape Green Pitt Pens and a Mustard yellow shade to make the petals pop.

Upon doing that I wated to add a little further dimension to the background of the canvas and to tie in the painted images to the background itself.

To do this I firstly used a dylusions stencil with the slanted harlequin design and stencilled through it using the yellow and orange pebeo paints.

Once this was dried I then felt it needed a little more foliage of interest so from the same stencil applied further leaves using a dark green pebeo paint along the base of the canvas.

To bed it all together I then did some over stamping using the cocoa brown archival inkpad and vintage number montage stamp in a few locations and also stamped some text in the cardinal red archival ink.

      
Finally, not only did I get my photographic act together, but I also applied a few finishing touches.  To the centres of the sunflowers I added some glue and attached both clear and gold judikins rocks (from www.stampaddicts.co.uk) for textural dimension.

The sentiment I wanted "Love" are Zig white acrylic alphabet stickers I purchased from www.stampaddicts.co.uk which I colour tinted using the cardinal red archival ink pad blended using kitchen roll and outlined using walnut stain Faber Castell Pitt Pen blended using a damp paint brush, and sealed once dry using Mod Podge.

This has finally completed the canvas for me as I feel anything further will be a step too far.

I hope you like this canvas as I am proud that I managed to produce it.

Em x  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx