Monday 21 January 2013

Trust your crazy ideas

OK so the snow finally arrived so what better way to enjoy the weekend but cooking up a storm and working on some creative projects.

Before you ask the food cooked and thoroughly enjoyed by my husband and myself were Saturday lunch french sticks with crispy bacon, black pudding and ketchup.  Dinner was a gorgeous roasted butternut squash risotto with Sage and pan fried chicken.

But the best of the best was saved for today Nan Frys curry yummy.

So now with full stomach and a contented heart I can post the first of three posts for this week (was hoping to do more but apologies time just flew).

This card uses Circus Trixie from the Saturated Canary stamp range from Little Darlings, this image was truly amazing and I have plans to use many more techniques with her.

But for the time being this is the background I created myself for her today:-

   
This was created using an idea seen on the wonderful world wide web.  This involved using something I had purchased but not really had time to play with so I thought what better time than for creating a background for this image.

The background used the flesh, pink and violet portfolio oil pastels scribbled on to the card in a square pattern to create a blended but vibrant background.  Once I was happy with the blending done with my fingers and I had cleaned myself up I then felt what better idea than to go with the circus theme than to use the ticket background stamp from Tim Holtz Admit One Stamps (CS003).  I stamped this using Jet Black archival ink and I think you will agree works great.  The sentiment came from the same stamp set however this time I stamped over some pale pink gingham washi tape (free with a cardmaking magazine) onto some white card using archival ink and cut to fit the panel, before adhering it to the card matt.


This is the stunning Circus Trixie image which I thoroughly enjoyed completing using my Promarkers (and at  times the fine knib top).

Her skin tone was created using Blush, Putty, Dusky Pink and a little Sunkissed pink for the right hand cheek.

Her hair (which I believe I have finally got to grips with from a multitonal point of view which makes such a difference), was coloured using Raw Sienna, Cocoa and Burnt Sienna.

The outfit was coloured using Lavendar, Orchid and Amethyst for the purple areas and for the pinker shade I used Cerise, Magenta and Baby Pink to tone it back.

The image was outlined using a Flex Marker in Pink Pearl.

   
And here it is the completed card, I am really pleased with the results of this compilation.  The final topper was mounted on some pearlised navy card and then placed on to a pastel purple cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog as much as I did making this card.

Emx    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment on this blog, it means alot to me that you have taken the time to do so, Many thanks Em xx